The Philippines is a lovely country with beautiful beaches and nature. The people here are equally friendly, happy, welcoming and it is not a very expensive place to visit. You can plan your Philippines Holiday on a shoe-string budget. Some of the best places to see in Manila are: –
Intramuros – The Walled City
The citadel was founded in 1571 by the Spanish and has withstood colonial invasions and natural disasters. It is located in on the banks of Pasig River. You can walk or take a horse-drawn carriage to look at the major attractions here. Places to visit here include –
- Fort Santiago – The oldest Hispanic stone fortress
- Rizal Park – Dedicated to their national hero
- Casa Manila – Home-turned into a museum featuring the life of Filipinos during the colonial era
- San Augustin Museum – Housing some exquisite painting, furniture, sculpture, and
- Baluarte de San Diego – Consisting of remnants of the fort.
Binondo is the world’s oldest Chinatown. You can find & eat some scrumptious Chinese food here.
- Binondo Church is named after a Chinese – Filipino Saint and has the statue of Our Lady of China.
- Place Calderon de la Barca – The beautiful fountains and surrounding trees is a remarkable sight.
- Ongpin named after a philanthropist, this street is lined with curio shops, jewellery stores, restaurants, cafes, etc.
- Seng Guan Temple– Is a temple dedicated to Buddha.
Quiapo Church and Market
At the Quiapo Church, you can see a black Nazarene statue of Jesus Christ which is revered by the locals. The baroque design of the Church is just fantastic with distinctive patterns on the façade. The classic design of the Church, with Corinthian columns and decorated bell-tower is stunning.
Surrounding the church is the marketplace where you can shop for some beautiful trinkets. It is the largest marketplace here, so you will find everything from fruits and vegetables to clothes. It is a fun place to haggle and shop!
Tagaytay- Smallest Active Volcano
Tagaytay is a small town very close to Manila and once you reach here, you need to take a boat ride across the lake to reach the volcano island. Here you can see the smallest active volcano in the world. It will take around an hour to hike to the top of the mountain. The fresh air and the view are worth the hike.
Mall of Asia
Step into the largest supermall in Asia, known as the Mall of Asia. This mall organizes concerts for iconic stars like Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Maroon 5, and many more, who have performed here. Every Saturday night and on special occasions you can see a fantastic fireworks display. Every year the international Pyro Music competition is also held here. It is a favorite tourist spot in Manila.
Manila Ocean Park and Manila Bay
You can see excellent marine and aquatic life here at the park with some excellent hi-tech facilities which are a pleasure for children and marine lovers. Activities like swimming with the sharks are also available for visitors.
Close to the Ocean Park is the Manila Bay, which is an ideal place to take a long walk or relax and watch the ships and the sunset.
There are frequent Flights to Manila, book one now and discover this beautiful place.